Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Chile Ginger Marinade ( Serves 6 )
- 4# Pork Tenderloin, Trim silver skin & membrane
- Marinate min. 2 hours covered in non-reactive container>
- Reserve marinade for later
- Grill to desired doneness 125 med. rare, 130 med., 140 med. well
- Heat marinade in saucepot to boil
- Slice grilled pork tenders in medallions 6-8 oz. per person, Drizzle marinate over top
Chile Ginger Marinade
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Dr. Pepper
- 1/8 cup Williams Chili seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaf chopped
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy, lime juice, brown sugar in non-reactive bowl, whisk oil, Dr. Pepper, red wine, chili power, cilantro
Corn on the Cob w/Red Chili Green Onion Butter ( Serves 8 )
Red Chili-Green Onion Butter
- # ½ butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped green onion bulb &
- 3 inches of green
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Corn on the Cob
- 8 ears corn, husk & silk removed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red Chile-green onion butter
- Par boil corn 5 min. brush w/oil, grill at medium heat until Lightly charred on all sides.
- Place corn on serving platter, brush w/Red chili-green onion butter
- Serve extra butter on the side
Grilled Cantaloupe, Strawberry Salad Mint and Chardonnay ( Serves 6 )
- 1/2 Ripe large Cantaloupe ( peeled & seeded )
- Chop cantaloupe to thumb size
- 1# Strawberry ( stemmed & sliced )
- 1/2 cup packed Mint leaf ( rough chopped )
- 1 1/3 cup Chardonnay
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Note: Heat chardonnay with sugar in sauce pan, medium high heat until sugar in dissolved. Chill mixture.
In bowl combine cantaloupe, strawberry and win mixture toss well, add mint leaf, toss well. Serve chilled
Barbecue-Roasted Potatoes & Onions with Olives ( Serves 6 )
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Large Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary or thyme
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper ( to taste )
Place sliced potatoes & onions into a large bowl. Whisk together the oil
& vinegar in separate bowl. Drizzle over potato mixture.
Add herb, salt & pepper, andToss until well coated.
Drizzle mixture between six large squares of thick foil, scatter olive rings over top.
Close parcels, secure seams. Grill parcels over medium heat, turning occasionally about 30 - 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Cedar Plank Salmon w/Bourbon Maple Glaze ( Serves 6 )
- 3# boneless-skinless Salmon Filet
- 1/2 cup bourbon maple glaze
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
- white pepper to taste
- Untreated Cedar Plank soaked for 4 hours or Overnight, then drained
Brush Salmon on both sides w/glaze thickly. Set salmon on plank over the hottest part of the grate. Cook w/lid closed for approx. 25 minutes. Using gloves or tonge, remove plank with salmon from grill and set on serving platter. Slice into portions. Pass Dill-Leak Crème sauce & lemon wedges at the table.
- 1 pt. Heavy whipping crème
- 2 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1/2 med. Vidalia onion (finely diced)
- 1 Leek (fine slice bulb only)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 cup powered parmesan
Heat oil in sauce pot, add onion & leek, sautéed until onion is clear, add Heavy crème, dill. Stir frequently ( do not scorch ). Add Parmesan to Thicken. Serve hot or chilled.
Grilled Tomato Halves w/Cheesy Bread Crumbs ( Serves 6 )
- 3 large Tomatoes cored and halved
- 2/3 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley rough chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
In small bowl combine bread crumbs w/parsley, parmesan, lemon zest, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well, set aside
In small bowl combine tomatoes, olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, toss well.
Place tomatoes on grill, cut side down med. Hot fire cook 5 - 7 minutes, or until browned. Remove from grill, sprinkle generously w/bread crumb mixture. Serve.
Fresh Mango Sangria ( Makes 2 Pitchers )
- 2 bottles Sauvignon blanc or dry white wine
- ¾ cup Brandy
- ½ cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 oranges, sliced into tin rounds
- 2 lemons, sliced in to thin rounds
- 3 green apples, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries, sliced in halves
- ¾ cup simple syrup (see Note)
- Combine above in pitcher & chill covered 2 hours to 2 days and Serve on ice.
Note: To make simple syrup, cook equal parts of sugar and water over low heat until clear then boil 1 minute
Baked Yam Wedges ( Serves 6 )
- Preheat oven to 400
- 4# Yams, peeled, cut to wedges
- Soak in cook h20 for 10 minutes
- pat dry
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle seasoning evenly over wedges
- Bake on lightly oil sheet pan turning every 10 min. until lightly brown.
Boneless Pheasant Breast ( Serves 6 )
- 4 Boneless Pheasant Breast
- 3/4 cup AP flour sifted
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Caper in brine (drained)
- 2 tbsp. Cognac
- 1 cup heavy creme
- 8 fresh safe leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 2 tbsp. Canola Oil med high heat. Fry sage leaves until crispy, drain on paper towel, reserve.
In a bowl mix AP flour, salt & pepper. Add 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tbsp. butter to clean pan, med high heat.
Dust pheasant breast with seasoned flour. Sear until light brown each side, approx. 2 min. Deglaze pan with chicken stock and into oven 4-5 min. Remove from oven, place breasts on paper towel, tent with foil to keep warm. In same pan (not wiped) head med high add minced garlic, saute 30 seconds, add caper for 15-20 seconds, deglaze pan with cognac (be careful of flare ups). Scrape pan, add creme (med low heat) til thickened. This dish works very well on wild rice or a mushroom risotto. Lay breast over rice of risotto, top with 1/4 of the creme sauce. Top with fried sage leaf.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
w/burnt butterscotch banana rum sauce
Create fire in Hasty Bake appox. 1/3 bag charcoal
Soak wood chip (Applewood & Hickory Work nicely)
Cook setting (bake) w/heat deflector in place 300º-325º
Place pizza stone on grate to warm up
EZ mix method
- 1 box Duncan Hines pineapple Supreme cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2-cup butter into Wok swirl over heat till melted
- 1-cup brown sugar sprinkled over butter
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple rings w/grill marks are impressive
- Red Maraschino cherries
Lay pineapple rings over butter/brown sugar flat, begin in middle, work your way around, remove stem from cherry & place 1 in middle of each pineapple slice
Pour mix over pineapple in Wok, Add wood chips to fire, bake on pizza stone 30-45 in. till toothpick comes out clean.
- ½ # butter
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 2 bananas sprayed w/oil (grill charred diced)
Melt butter in saucepan, add brown sugar & stir will until sugar dissolved and lightly boiling, cook 10-15 min. Add dark rum (careful it’s flammable) stir in. Add Banana, take off heat.
Allow cake to cool 15 min. Invert on cutting board & tap Wok until cake releases. Pour sauce over top.